If you believe that email marketing should stay separate from social media, now is the time to find out that this is far from the truth.
You want to do everything possible to lure in new customers, right? So what better way than combining the two most powerful marketing tools together?
When done correctly, social media can have an incredible impact on your email marketing methods; they can go together like Batman and Robin. Alone they have their own individual power, but when combined they can take on the world.
There are over 1.44 billion active users on Facebook, with this number growing 13 percent year-on-year (Facebook). So why wait any longer to attract these users?
Create a path between your email marketing and your social media to lure in new leads and increase sales from current customers.
There are numerous ways to utilize the power of social media and email marketing simultaneously.
- Promote: Use emails to encourage people to join your social media pages. This way you can update your pages with promotions, news or just some education that will further lure potential customers to interact with your company.
- Include a ‘re-tweet this’ in your email: This way you will give your readers the chance to further interact with your brand and share your news to the social media world.
- Base an email solely on social media: Have an offer, for example, ‘Invite 50 friends on Facebook and you get 15% off!’
- Opt-in: Build an email opt-in form on Facebook so that users can sign up to your emails. Promoting email sign up opportunities on social media is the perfect way to attract more leads and in turn increase your customers.
- Add to your blog: If you use email to showcase your blog posts, make sure to include social sharing buttons so that your blog will reach a wide range of users across all social platforms.
- Be proud of your relationship with Batman: Place your social media icons at the top of your email. You do not need to position them at the bottom like most emails do. This will ensure your readers notice that you are out and about in the ever-growing social media world.
You love it, I love it, we all love it. Everyone loves to check out a company’s Facebook page or Twitter account; their updates, photos, etc. Not to mention that having a social media presence for your company or brand does wonders to boost your credibility and trustworthiness in the eyes of potential customers and clients.
The great thing about mixing up the two is that you can take your email marketing and use it promote a limitless range of social media accounts that will expose your business to more people and in turn increase your chances of gaining new and repeat business from repeat exposure to your offer and services.
Better yet, emails that include social sharing buttons have a 158% higher click-through rate than emails which don’t, (GetResponse). And more clicks mean more conversions!
So, after implementing the above points make sure to tap into your social media to further engage with prospective and current clients.
You need to be where your customers are, so social media is a must when implementing an email marketing plan. Give them somewhere to ‘check you out’ to see more about your company, likes, comments, photos, re-tweets etc, so your brand not only gains awareness, but also authenticity.
Social media is more alive than ever, but that certainly does not mean that email is dead. They complement each other and should work in unison to bring in fantastic results for your brand.